Events Calendar Criteria
The Tufts University events calendar provides a listing of official events taking place on all campuses, as well as off-campus locations. The Communications and Marketing team will review submissions within 72 hours and reserves the right to reject submissions that do not meet the following criteria. If you have questions or encounter problems submitting your event, please let us know.
- Events must be sponsored by a Tufts entity (e.g., school, department, center, administrative office, student group, club, organization, etc.).
- Events must be either open to the general public, the Tufts community or a segment of the Tufts community.
- Events may only be submitted by members of the Tufts community with a valid tufts.edu email address.
- Event submissions must include a name, type/category, a detailed description of the event, date, time, location, sponsor and contact information. A website URL for further reference is also encouraged.
- Event submissions should be for special events only (performances, exhibitions, lectures, etc.), not standing club meetings.
- Events requiring RSVP/registration must specify and include appropriate links/information. The events calendar is not able to process registrations.
- Submissions must be made at least one week in advance of the event to ensure they are approved and published in time.
- Submissions must be made via the event submissions form.
- Submissions made via email, contact form, fax or interoffice mail will not be considered.
Communications and Marketing reserves the right to:
- Reject event submissions that do not meet these criteria.
- Edit submissions for length, spelling, language and clarity.
- Feature select event listings as "Featured Events" on the events calendar, the university homepage, the Tufts Now homepage and other electronic channels.
Cancelling or change event information:
If you need to cancel or change any information about your event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of the event. While we will try to accommodate changes up to the last minute, we can not guarantee corrections or cancellations made with less than 48 hours notice.